Part 2

Tepidity
Please log in to read the full chapter

WAR CRY from the television screen, cling from the utensils, tock from the plate that has been placed on the glass coffee table. A cozy weekend for a twenty-six years old Hirai Momo, a japanese who's been living in a cozy condominum unit in Korea.

 

“Momo! I'll be going to work are you okay by yourself?” Mina her roommate asks.

 

Miyoui Mina, a ballerina who works as a theater musical actress, her roommate and friend since diapers. She is also Momo's guardian that makes them live together.

 

Momo smiles as she glances at her “Yeah. I'll just watch finish this movie then maybe, i'll do my school work after.” Mina nods then Momo sends her off with a smile as the younger leaves.

 

I'm sorry Mina...

 

With her having a heart diseases, Momo lived her life the most in and out from the hospital, that makes her hard to continue her studies properly, she can just take light schedules, the reason she is still a student in her age, heart transplant can give her a normal life.

 

That is also the reason she can't leave without company for long time, it makes Mina always goes to her right after work. The older felt bad that her friend can't enjoy her life more, for she is always taking care of her.

 

Sometimes she wonders what if one day she just vanished, so that she cannot be a burden to anyone anymore.

 

MONDAY, a hectic school day, where students’ wakes up early, from a well-rested weekend then go back to learning and working again.

 

“Momo-unnie.. We need to finish this paper until Wednesday; we're going to pull an all-nighter at the dorm, is it okay for you?” One of her group mates said.

 

Momo smiles at them “Yes, sure.. I'll just notify Mina that I’ll be staying over.” Then her group mates looked at her in worry.

 

“Are you okay to pull an all-nighter? It could affect your health.” another one of her group mates says.

 

“Yes. i'm okay with that, Don't worry I'll be alright.” she grins as she assures them.

 

GYM CLASS, they are needed to perform jog and sprint alternately. The class needs to do it eight times while with consideration her requirements is been reduced by half. That makes some of her classmates’ glares at her, she cannot help it, they are all human, and they are the times that not all of them understand her circumstances.

 

Do not get her wrong, Momo does have her own exercise routine, to make her heart stronger in some ways, but for school activities like this, her doctor do some considerations.

 

While walking home, she is looking down glancing at her feet as she slowly walks ahead. She is disappointed and sad at herself; she hates it when her friends and classmates pity on her because of her condition and some of them are insecure.

 

It makes them always put walls around her afraid that they will break her, she knew that for she lived longer than them and she seen the same face every time she is on school.

 

WELL, she does have one friend who stays true to her before, but she had to leave school because of her condition.

 

“Momo-unnie!” greets by a long black haired girl as soon as she close the clinic's door.

 

“Chaeyoung!!!” Momo greets happily as she hugs the latter.

 

“I really hate it when we met like this...” the doctor says as she pulls away guiding her to seat.

 

“It can't be help... So... Let's start...” Momo says as she proceeds to sit.

 

Son Chaeyoung is her personal doctor, friend and previous classmate at med school. She is the only one who shows her true color at her during her stay in school. Even knowing her condition she does not hold back her interactions on her that makes her friends with her. She is surprised when they met again as Doctor and patient that make them even closer.

 

After her checkup she's waiting for Mina to pick her up, the younger told her to wait for her so they can shop for her medicines and bond outside. While waiting she looks around the hospital grounds first, amusing her boredom.

 

There are many people around the hospital grounds, some in wheel chair with nurse or relatives, some doctors who seems taking a break. One thing in common for them is they are all smiling happily. Even with their own circumstances they are facing they seems to be happy with the person they care the most.

 

Momo's phone ringed, interrupted her thoughts. “Hello. Mina?”

 

“Momo. Where are you? I though you'll be here outside already?” the caller asks.

 

“Oops.. I'm sorry, I'll go there.” Momo says as she chuckles.

 

“Okay. I'll just go make a quick turn.” Momo hums as Mina drops the call.

 

Someday I want someone will take care of me happily.

 

In the car, the two are talking about Chaeyoung's reports about her health and intructions she gave her. Not long after they arrived at the pharmacy first then to the mall.

 

The two ladies are eating dinner after their long shop around the mall.

 

“Mina, are you dating Chaeyoung?” Momo asks bluntly while Mina stops her tracks with the racoon's statement.

 

“What are you saying?” Mina's face began to blush.

 

“I know you like her, after the recital you seems aloof to her when we go to check ups, then later on you become distracted by her presence. Then lately-” Mina stops her while Momo explains teasingly giggling at her friend.

 

“Okay! No we don't, I just plainly like her.. But I don't want it to get on the way when she treated you.” Mina admits, making Momo smirks at her.

 

“It's okay Mina-chan... You can also hang out on weekends, since I'm always in our apartment. Don't hold yourself back because you can't leave me alone.. I never had an attack since then right...” Momo beams at her assuringly.

 

“Thank you, Momo.. but don't think of that... I do it because I care for you and I love you. You're like my unnie and donsaeng at the same time.” Mina says as they smile softly at each other.

 

Mina clears as she glares at Momo “Just swear, don't tell Chaeyoung or I'll banned you from eating jokbal for a month.” Momo pouts then nods at her.

 

They both smiled and continue eating happily when Momo asked a question out of nowhere.

 

“Say Mina-chan... Is it possible for me to have a someone who'll acts likes a lover but we're not..?” Momo questions her as Mina raised an eyebrow in confusion.

 

“I don't think that's complicated... Why do you think of that anyway?” the penguin asks as she proceeds on eating.

 

“I just want someone who'll love me despite of my circumstances and treats me as I am then keeps me happy the way I want too.. But I don't want to be her lover because she might get too sad when my sickness got worst. I just want her plainly my Happiness...” Momo explains as Mina dismissed her idea saying she's going to hurt that person if she does it.

 

It is just a wishful thinking, but someday she hope that she experience that kind of relationship. After all, most of the guys and girls tries their luck with her leaves her when they found out about her sickness.

 

PINK, her favorite color, Momo is walking at the pristine white wall hallway of the hospital when she noticed the distinctive color at the hospital grounds as she glance at the window while on the walk.

 

It surprises her when she saw the pink haired woman is talking to her friend doctor. She is now done on her weekly checkup and just roaming around the hospital to observe the surroundings for her studies.

 

“Mina, do you know her?” Momo asks as she taps the younger that is busy looking at her reports.

 

“Who? Ohh... Yeah...” Mina turns and leans at the window closely.

 

“She is Chaeng's best friend I think... She told me she has this friend that always visits her in the hospital after her rounds or whenever she asks for snacks, she is easily recognized with her odd hair color.” Mina explains as she glances at them.

 

“Ohh.. She's that stubborn friend of hers she told me before. I didn't recognize her with her new hair color.” Momo says.

 

Momo heard about that girl from Chaeyoung before in their college years, she briefly told her about that she had a best friend who's always with her in fights but never got in her way and known for her short blonde hair but she told about her once so she kind off forgot about her.

 

Mina observes her friend as she looks out the window “Why not asks Chaeng if you want to meet her badly?” Mina suggests

 

Momo smirks at her friend “Who said that I want to meet her?” Mina grins at her.

 

“You just did. Silly!” Mina says as she giggles at her friend then proceeds on walking again at the hallway leaving the pouting raccoon then follows her right away.

 

TIME STOPS, Momo's world stops as Chaeyoung introduced her friend Yoo Jeongyeon is beyond her expectations.

 

I never imagine she's this cool and hot at the same time.

 

Momo didn't know how it happened but her now ash brown hair that suits her even better although she is hoping to see her in the pink haired one. Her cold eyes are almost dead like no emotion. It makes her intrigue in some way, like some magnetic pull that makes her want to make this person show emotion.

 

After their introduction, Mina nudge her and they both smiled at her, how can this woman can be cool at her straight face and her shyly smile makes her faint already.

 

Chaeyoung excused Mina outside to talk about Momo's condition that left the two aquaintance in the quiet room.

 

“Hi!” Momo says as she smiles at the latter.

 

The korean seems to be shy and aloof, that makes Momo wants to know her more.

 

“Uhh.. Hi?” Jeongyeon utters.

 

Momo study the korean's face, she keeps on glancing at the door then closes her eyes while the japanese keeps on glancing at her amuse by her actions.

 

“Are you bored?” Jeongyeon asks

 

“Nope, Are you?.” Momo says.

 

The japanese figure out that maybe Jeongyeon thought that Momo wanted to talk to her for she keeps on glancing at her. Little that the older knows, the japanese is enjoying on staring at the latter.

 

Momo is not sure if she already is, so she asked back and she just wanted to make the conversation longer.

 

“I'm sorry, you said what?” Jeongyeon ask, her tone change from monotonous to a bit surprise that makes Momo confuse.

 

“I asked if you are bored.” Momo states earning chuckles from Jeongyeon. “Maybe, I am..” the korean admits.

 

Momo cannot believed her ears, from the stone cold stare and aura the korean had earlier to cute chuckles like a kid, hits her with a great impact. No one in her whole life makes this impression on her.

 

“You know, you're pretty cute for a person in that hospital bed.” Jeongyeon says softly.

 

That statement caught the japanese off guard, but she recovers quickly.

 

“Thank you.” She giggles at her.

 

Jeongyeon quickly got up excused herself from her then proceed on walking at the door but she stopped. Momo who is watching at her from behind makes her think

 

At first, Momo thought that she'd be a cold stranger to her, based on what she hears from Chaeyoung when she asked about her.

 

The doctor told her that she's dull and always cold to the person she meets, but the way she sees it. Jeongyeon looks like a child who builds walls around her isolates her to others, she just don't have someone who pestered enough to break down those walls. After all she is been there for quite some time.

 

Mina confusedly enter her room with Momo greets her with a smirk. “What did you say?”

 

“Nothing...” Momo looks at her nails making Mina crosses her arms and looks at her with stoic face.

 

“Really?” Chaeyoung went inside the room right after Mina with grinning face.

 

“It's okay Minari.. Jeongyeon-unnie is not the only one with a flushed face.” Chaeyoung says as she hugs Momo. “Right? Momo-unnie..”

 

Mina glares at both of them that make the two shut up, the doctor leaves while Momo turns to her phone scrolling and typing to avoid the penguin's glare.

 

That night while they are just sitting around by the window and watching the night lights from the above. Momo broke their silence.

 

“Mina. I found her.” Mina turns at her.

 

“My happiness I found her.. The one I tell you about earlier..” Momo says softly.

 

“The one you told me about that will make you happy?” Momo nods at her.

 

Mina looks at her friend in worry “Momo.. Whatever you're planning, don't do it.. One of you will get hurt or worst, both of you are..” Momo holds her hand as she clings at her then leans her head to the younger.

 

“It's fine Mina-chan... Both of us are already hurt anyway.” Mina closes her eyes and heaves a sigh.

 

“I warned you. Don't come and cry at me in the end.” Mina says as she got up.

 

“When that time happened I let you decided for me as your guardian not your friend.” Mina scoffs then help Momo got up then proceed on walking to her bed.

 

NOW HERE she is asking, pleading, pursing Chaeyoung to make Jeongyeon delivers food for them just to see her while Mina throwing death glares on the doctor threatening her.

 

Momo convincing herself that she plainly wants Jeongyeon as her happiness miserably failed. She admit herself she like her already, pretty fast for their recent meeting but Jeongyeon's effect on her seems superb. The past nights she cannot sleep properly just thinking about the older korean.

 

They keep on arguing until they heard Chaeyoung got paged for her presence for a surgical operation. That makes the doctor leave.

 

Mina smiles triumphantly at Momo making the older frowns. “Momo.. I told you to don't ever start that plan of yours.”

 

“I know.. I won't I just miss her.. I don't know why but there is something in her makes me pulled at her. I feel like an idiot by being pulled to someone I just met but I don't care. It makes me sick...” Momo explains as Mina softens her gaze.

 

The penguin looks at Momo then pressed her lips together as she take a deep breath and sighs “ Okay.. Go ask Chaeng right after she checks on you.”

 

Mina knew from the start that Momo liked the latter, she just don't want Momo be blinded by her wish and follow her stubborn decisions.

 

A DAY AFTER YESTERDAY and they are at it again, Momo pleading Chaeyoung to make food deliveries for her but this time Mina is also saying her food orders and allowed Momo to see the ostrich.

 

Apparently, the doctor agrees with the girls orders and even promised to take her out to Jeongyeon's cafe when Momo got discharge, now they are just talking random topics when Chaeyoung's phone ringed.

 

 

 

From: Hyung

 

Chaeng. I'm in the lobby. Where should I meet you?

 

 

 

Chaeyoung grinned and tell the other two ladies that their delivery is here. Makes Momo brightens her face, it so noticeable to other two makes them teases her.

 

“Whoa! Unnie! You should fix yourself first before your crush sees you.” Chaeyoung spit nonchalantly as she laughs making the older stares at her blankly.

 

Chaeyoung stops then hides behind Mina while the penguin smiles at her. “Momo-unnie is scary...”

 

“Mina-chan! Look she's teasing me!” Momo whines as she cross her arms and pouts at Mina.

 

Mina laughs at her two friends “Can both of you stop.” She turns at Chaeyoung and circles her arms around her then glance at Momo grins at her. “We all know it's the truth Momo.” The youngest of them grins while the oldest one blushes madly.

 

“Whoa! It's a lie though.. You don't have recipts..” Momo says proudly as she compose herself.

 

Chaeyoung grins as she showed her of a photo of hers, where Momo is glancing at the doctor in alluring way in their first meeting, that makes Momo blushed and Mina surprsied. “Now it's a fact.” The doctor says as she winked at her.

 

Momo is about to rebut when they are interrupted by sound of sliding door, where Jeongyeon enters. “Uhh.. Doc. Son's Delivery?” All of them stops stare awkwardly.

 

Four of them are eating when Jeongyeon starts a conversation with them that makes them both laugh, where Momo babied Chaeyoung which is pretty normal for them.

 

The truth is Momo just wanted to pay back at Mina for betraying her earlier, that makes them both blushed, while they are laughing Jeongyeon meets Momo's eyes for a second and quickly looks away.

 

The previously warm eyes are now back at her cold ones, as Momo follows Jeongyeon's glare, she really takes a liking on simply staring at the latter.

 

She's really one of a kind. I want to know her more.

 

HYPED-UP, that is Momo's feeling right now. The japanese girl never felt excited in her life as she is today, besides of her getting discharged a day ago from the hospital, she is also visting her crush's cafe.

 

Three of them are now in the doctor's car, Chaeyoung in the driver's seat, Mina in the passenger seat while Momo at the back seat. As they arrived, Momo exciteldy got out of the car as soon Chaeyoung unlocked the doors.

 

Momo's in her simple casual for fall season without her glasses thus wearing contact lenses is her mood, Mina soon came out with her semi-casual style and lastly Chaeyoung with her casual and hoodie far from her usual white coat and semi-formal wear underneath.

 

The moment Chaeyoung went in, she quickly talked to one of the staffs she knows asking the whereabouts of the particular owner while Momo and Mina waited at one table. They quietly followed her at the back, towards the upper floor then in front of one specific door.

 

“Shh.. the manager said, hyung fell sick as she overworked herself these past days.” Chaeyoung quietly mumbled as she slowly unlocks the door in front of her.

 

“Shouldn't we go back to let her rest?” Momo mumbles as she follows the smol cub through the door. The smol cub smiles sheepishly as quickly grab both of the ladies inside the room.

 

Successfully infiltrated the room, Momo observes Jeongyeon's office; it fills with grey shades and tinted glass in a small balcony like part with dark furniture. Her eyes darted at the couch where there is a long figure in a plaid black and white blanket in the black sofa.

 

“Momo-unnie! Look.” Chaeyoung let a soft giggle as she points at the sleeping figure with her phone recording her.

 

While Mina just standing a far from them as she quietly observed the cub from a far, not even stopping the others on doing something.

 

Not long after a chunter from the sofa can be heard distracting the three visitors.

 

“Uhh... Chaeng?” Three of them all turn at the source of the sound.

 

“Hi! Jeongyeonnie..” Momo says shyly

 

“Hyung! You're awake!” Chaeyoung enthusiatically greets

 

“Hi, Jeongyeon.” Mina says plainly.

 

Jeongyeon widen her eyes in surprise, after all Chaeyoung did not even tell the cafe owner that they will drop by. It was indeed a surprised visit for her.

 

After explaining some facts, they settled in the sofa while sipping their own drinks and snacks that the doctor ordered from the shop below. It was also about time for Jeongyeon's meds so Momo is helping her to take it, while the two other individuals are chuckling from behind.

 

“Hyung... It's supposed to be my free time, so it's a paid service.” Chaeyoung whines while Mina patting her head. “Shh.. I'll just pay you later. You just wait.” Mina says nonchalantly.

 

Mina realizes what she said and excused herself then exits the office quickly.

 

Momo observed Chaeyoung as she leans to Jeongyeon probably saying something embarassing that makes her blushed.

 

“Momo... I'm gonna sleep now...” Momo turns at her as Jeongyeon says softly, “Okay, I'll just be here when you need me.” Momo smiles as she pulls her office chair beside her then settle.

 

Oblivious to the japanese as she observes the sleeping latter, she gently patting her shoulder making the korean feel at ease, then slowly drifting to sleep, she leans in to kiss the sleeping latter in her cheek “Get well soon.. Jeongyeonnie...” then quietly turns around as she made her way downstairs to the cafe itself, as she frown at her sight where she finds her two close friends being greasy with each other.

 

Chaeyoung feeding Mina a sliced of cake, while the penguin is blushing madly at the younger's gesture. Momo cleared taking the attention of the two friends. “You're not dating YET at this rate?”

 

“What gives you the idea?” Chaeyoung asks bluntly.

 

Momo face palmed hearing the smol cub's statement then turns apologetic at Mina. “How is she?” Mina asks in concern.

 

“She's sleeping now.. I just go down to check on you too... but obviously you two don't want some company.” Momo eyed at both of them.

 

Chaeyoung only grins at her while Mina maintains her usual stoic face.

 

Back at the owner's office, Momo is on her phone when she hears Jeongyeon's scream.

 

“Noo! Mommy... Are you still there... Nooooo” Momo immediately went at her waking her up.

 

“Jeongyoenniee, wake up, It's just a dream.” Momo says continously, in hoping to stop the latter from having her deliriums. Jeongyeon wakes up still dizzy but it was just for a moment and she fell asleep right after.

 

Momo did not leave Jeongyeon's side except for personal needs, from time to time she change the older's towel in the sleeping korean's forhead and everytime she is being attack by a nightmare, she aburptly wakes her up but the latter seems too sick to noticed. While the two of their friend's stay, Mina and Chaeyoung did their promise on helping out at the cafe while Momo tends the boss upstairs.

 

It is now almost midnight when they had dinner at the owner's room. Jeongyeon's awake to eat lightly and drink her medicine.

 

Momo is one of the messy eater out there, “Waah! Momo.... The sauce!” Jeongyeon shouts as she wipes the sacues of from Momo's shirt.

 

Mina and chaeyoung exchange stares as they saw the interaction then giggles at themselves, leaving Momo malfunction still staring at Jeongyeon as the latter concentrately wipes the sauce from her top.

 

Momo staring at Jeogyeon who is concentrating wildly, determine to clean her clothes. If she knew Jeongyeon is a clean freak this much, she always wants herself getting spilled of for Jeongyeon only to tend her.

 

“What do you want now, Momo?” Jeongyeon stares at her with that usual loving eyes but now Momo cannot see that.

 

Momo is back to her senses when Mina nudge her who's sitting beside her with Chaeyoung at the edge “Uhh.. Um.. the noodles I want the noodles.” Momo blurt out carelessly making her two friends behind her snorts at her lame excuse.

 

Chaeyoung looks at her friend Momo and turns to Mina “Why does it look like Momo-unnie's been taking care off?” The cub whispers, Mina just shrugs at her.

 

“Let them be.” Mina says as she gestures the younger to keep quiet while smiling softly.

 

After their dinner, Chaeyoung and Mina bid good byes to the two, leaving Momo and Jeongyeon to her home office alone.

 

Momo becomes hesitant to leave Jeongyeon as she recalled the events earlier.

 

“Uhm.. Momo I only have my jacket, you can use it as a warmer if you want. I'm sorry I don't have spare blankets. I don't usually have visitors on my office.” Jeongyeon explains as she rubs her nape shyly.

 

Momo beams at her “Yes. It's okay. More importantly you need to rest...” She says as she guides her to lie down, Jeongyeon stares at her then mumbles something before going to sleep.

 

“Stop this.. It makes me fall for you hard”

 

Momo smiles ghostly, at the sleeping latter.

 

I don't want too because I'm falling hard for you too. Jeongyeon

 

Momo settles herself in Jeongyeon's office chair, where she makes herself comfortable as she sits there hugging her legs with left hand holding the two layers jacket in place while her right hand holding the sleeping latter next to her.

 

NEXT MORNING, Momo wakes up finding herself in the office couch itself in the same jacket as blankets. While she saw Jeongyeon by the door as she smiles at her. “Good morning.” she greets Momo as she looks now presentable in her new outfit.

 

Momo got shy and avoided her gaze as she hides herself at her jacket. “Good morning..”

 

After fixing herself, Jeongyeon invites Momo to eat at the cafe since its still morning and the place is not crowded as her payback for the younger who's been taking care at her yesterday.

 

It is awkward. The two eat in awkward silence as they steal glances at each other discreetly.

 

“Uhmm. Momo do you want to hang out next time?” Jeongyeon asks breaking the ice between them.

 

“Yes. I would love to.” Momo says happily then proceed on eating her food while Jeoongyeon stares at her.

 

“Can I borrow your phone?” Momo give it right away, then Jeongyeon types something then returned it to her.

 

“I texted my number so we can text, chat or call each other.” Momo beams at her brightly not knowing her effects at her.

 

Momo felt like she won a lottery, she got to have a chance with a sleep over at her crush's office then eat breakfast with her and exchanged contacts with her in just one meeting. She could never wish anything.

 

The two of them are now infront of Momo's place where Jeongyeon drops her off. They say good byes at each other happily as they got closer through the ride.

 

Momo slumps herself at their living room's sofa while Mina greets her. “Did something good happened?” she asks as she gets ready for her work leaving Momo lazily turns around to face her.

 

“You can say that!” Momo screams happily as she shakes her hands in the air earning a giggle from the younger.

 

“I got her number we've got to hangout more.” Momo shows her phone proudly at her. “As much as I want to tell you more, you'll be late for work.” she pouts as she sees Mina is rushing.

 

“Momo, don't hold yourself back anymore. Bye” Mina states playfully as she leaves the cringing raccoon.

 

“Silly.. Take care.” Momo snickers.

 

When the ballerina leaves Momo turns to her phone staring at the message the korean sent herself.

 

 

 

To: Jeongyeon

 

Hi.

 

 

 

Momo chuckles to herself then holds the phone to her chest.

 

Yes. I won't, not anymore.

 

ANNOYING, Momo really felt bad for Jeongyeon for her girl classmates being annoying at the korean's cafe. They are fawning in her looks and cool aura without her doing anything.

 

Momo brought her classmates at the cafe, not really brought more like they tagged along with her, she just really wanted her alone time to unwind, seeing Jeongyeon and her cafe really helps.

 

“Momo-noona, how come you know this cafe?” One guy classmate of hers asked.

 

“I just happened to know someone who works here.” Momo replies deadpan.

 

While her friends are eating and chatting, Momo slumps herself at the table, the guy who asks her earlier is tending her, making sure she is comfortable that their classmates teases them.

 

Unaware from the younger ones, from time to time she steals glances to Jeongyeon who’s now helping the crew as their waiter.

 

It is both fortune and unfortunate for her to see Jeongyeon in her waitress uniform.

 

Fortunate, thus her long sleeves polo folded into three-fourths button up all the way up, that emphasized her long neck, in her high ponytail that highlighted her small face and she is now serving with spectacles. That sends Momo breathtaking in high levels.

 

Unfortunate for her that her classmates are fawning over her along with her, it leaves her no choice but to take discreet glances and act natural on them.

 

“Say Momo-unnie.. You know someone who works here right? Go ask her about that cute waiter.” Momo who's sipping choke her drink.

 

“Wha!?” Momo coughs “I thought you guys are straight?” her classmates shake their heads.

 

“If she's the girl, Not anymore.” one of her classmates says as she points at Jeongyeon.

 

Momo widens her eyes at her classmates that makes them laugh at her, she take a quick glance on Jeongyeon then attacks her food not answering her classmates.

 

Stupid Jeongyeon.. For her illegal looks.

 

After more talk the group decided to go home, that leaves Momo and the other guy, their classmates purposely leaves them then keep on teasing them the whole time.

 

“So.. Momo-noona, should I take you home?” The guy says.

 

The japanese was aware of the guy feelings for her, then to make it worst their classmates were very supportive to him, it was not her thing to give false hope, she just do not want to act awkward or rude to him about it, but then the younger ones took it the wrong way.

 

“What is it?” Momo asks looking ahead; they are now standing outside of the cafe near the alley.

 

“What?” The guy turns at her nervously.

 

“What do I need to know, that the guys are telling earlier?” Momo turns at him this time.

 

“oh.. er.. Momo-noona.. I actually wanted to tell you something...” The guy mumbles almost a whisper however Momo hears it clearly.

 

“I like you.. I really do.. Can you be my girlfriend?” The guy finishes.

 

Momo looks at him, she smiles at the guy. “Thank you, but I'm afraid I can't return it the way you want me to.” she says as she taps him in the shoulder.

 

“You know about my condition right. So you're aware that I’m quite handful and I don't want you to waste your youth on taking care someone like me.” she adds as she caress his shoulder.

 

“But noona.. I'm not like everyone else.. I'm different..” the guy says desperately as he holds her hand stopping the japanese's gesture.

 

“Shh.. stop.. I heard that many times already. Trust me you'll soon leave me too.” Momo sighs then take a step back and extends her hand. “So.. Friends?”

 

The guy looks at her then turns to the older's hand “Noona..” Momo beams at her while he hesitantly grabs her hand “Okay... Friends..” he smiles at her.

 

They separate their ways, Momo asked out to be alone while the guy took the bus. “So.. why didn't you tell me you're into college guys. I feel hurt.” Momo gasp as she hears the voice behind her.

 

“Jeongyeon! Stop scaring me like that?!” Momo frown as she sees the korean laughing at her own reactioin. <

Please log in to read the full chapter